Project Manager(UPG Sustainability Leadership Initiative)
United People Global
Job Open Location: Nigeria, Brazil, Egypt, India, Ukraine, Morocco, Manila, Turkey.
Location: The role is fully remote.
Dates: The initial duration is 6 months for this role. An extension is possible based on performance.
Employment rate: Full-Time.
Joining Date: ASAP.
Application deadline: Application is on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
United People Global (UPG) is recruiting Project Managers in Training & Education to support our growing community as part of contributing to our mission to make the world a better place. This work is at the heart of our community, and it involves interacting with and serving our mission and our community.
What’s in it for YOU:
- Professional growth: add experiences and exposure to your CV that strengthen your professional profile in your chosen domain.
- Network: strengthen your professional and personal networks be part of an international network and a community that spans across world regions.
- Purpose: there is the possibility to lead or to participate in activities that are meaningful to you.
- A diverse range of professional and functional experiences.
- Additional benefits are shared with the successful candidate.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Deploy a wide variety of training methods, conduct effective induction and orientation sessions.
- Monitor and evaluate training programs’ effectiveness, success, and ROI periodically and report on them.
- Provide opportunities for ongoing development, resolve any specific problems, and tailor training programs as necessary.
- Maintain a keen understanding of training trends, developments, and best practices.
- Coach, mentor, and guide students and participants in related issues, challenges, and development journeys.
- Operations Management: Ensure smooth operations of the activities of the initiative.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Work closely with one or more of the stakeholder groups that are connected to this initiative to optimize their participation. This may include working with individuals who participate directly, with NGOs, with experts and thought leaders, with partners, with friends and supporters, with the public, and more.
- Tracking Impact, Insights, and Reporting: Monitoring and Evaluation of existing activities and establishing systems to track impact over time is an important function of the team. Similarly distilling insights from the operations of this initiative.
- Administration: working with other colleagues in the team to ensure that administrative matters are handled effectively.
- Prior experience in managing, developing, and setting up projects related to training programs and education environments.
- Prior experience with project management is an advantage.
- English is MUST and the ability to speak and to write in additional languages are assets.
- Ability to conduct information research.
- Ability to work with and respect confidential information of stakeholders.
- Ability to work in ambiguous settings, especially in start-up mode.
- Ability to work alone and in a team “Role the Sleeve”.
- Able to work within Switzerland time zone (CET).
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines. Agility working style.
- Ability to build and maintain a positive relationship across the board.
- Outstanding communication skills internally and externally.
- Leadership and management skills are necessary as you will be leading a small team, and the role is the sleeve most of the time.
Nice to have:
- Prior experience volunteering in community organising or local community development is an advantage.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and other productivity applications is an asset.
- Other professional qualifications related to project management, training, coaching, and psychometric assessments will be an advantage.
- Qualified candidates are welcome with a variety of skills. No single candidate is expected to possess all qualifications as the selected candidate brings their unique set of skills to our work and complements a team.
Kindly note that this role is not related to construction on-site functions. In case you didn’t hear from us within 2 weeks, your application didn’t make it for this time. However, we shall maintain your records for any opportunities in the future.
UPG Sustainability Leadership Program: https://act.unitedpeople.global/upg-sustainability-leadership/
NOTE: Resumes must be in ENGLISH