United People Global (UPG) is recruiting an Information Technology Manager / Associate to support our growing community as part of contributing to our mission to make the world a better place. This work is at the heart of our community and it involves interacting with and serving our mission and our community. This is a paid full-time role that comes with the following compensation and benefits:
- Professional growth: add experiences and exposure to your CV that strengthen your professional profile in your chosen domain
- Network: strengthen your professional and personal networks: be part of an international network and a community that spans across world regions.
- Purpose: there is the possibility to lead or to participate in activities that are meaningful to you.
- Remote working
- Flexible working hours
- A diverse range of professional and functional experiences
- Additional benefits are shared with the successful candidate
This work is at the heart of our Community and it involves developing and supporting the digital and administrative processes that help us to deliver our mission. This role is based remotely. There is scope for particularly skilled candidates to do more and to use technology to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our work.
A. Be a champion for the use of technology across our work
B. Use information technology to manage communities and to enhance the engagement of individuals and groups of individuals
C. Experience using technology to run and/or to manage campaigns
D. Identify and act on opportunities to improve and update digital software and ecosystems
E. Proficient in setting up and managing workplace productivity tools
F. Developing and implementing IT policy and best practice guides
G. Database creation and management
H. Website management, specifically sites using WordPress and WordPress plugins
I. Proficiency with using mainstream digital tools, including apps
J. Knowledge of coding/programming is an advantage
K. Understand and implement processes to monitor and protect network and data security
L. Handle business-critical IT tasks and systems administration
M. Research and evaluate emerging technologies, hardware, and software
N. Train employees on technology related matters; provide technical support when needed
O. Develop and execute disaster procedures, and maintain data backups
P. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending workshops, reviewing publications and participating in professional societies.
- A Bachelors Degree is required in Computer Science or Information Technology. A Masters Degree is an advantage.
- Candidate cares about the mission of the organisation
- Prior experience working in a similar role is an asset
- Prior experience with community management or community organising is a strong advantage
- The ability to design websites is an advantage
- Strong co-ordination and/or project management skills
- Ability to work in ambiguous settings; Ability to work alone and in a team
- Confidante: Be able to work with sensitive material and to keep activities confidential
- Resilience: in particular, the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Self-starter: the ability to work on your own initiative
- Any other expertise / professional training is an added advantage
- Proven leadership skills are an advantage
Location: The role is remote
Dates: The initial duration is 6 months for this role. Extension is possible based on performance.
Employment rate: Full-Time
Remuneration: This role is paid competitively. Contractor Agreement.
Application deadline: Application is on a rolling basis until the position is filled.