United People Global (UPG) is recruiting a Web Developer (WordPress) to support our growing community as part of contributing to our mission to make the world a better place. This work is at the heart of our community and it involves interacting with and serving our mission and our community. This is a volunteer role that comes with the following compensation and benefits:
- Professional growth: add experiences and exposure to your CV that strengthen your professional profile in your chosen domain
- Network: strengthen your professional and personal networks: be a part of an international network and a community that spans across the world regions.
- Purpose: there is the possibility to lead or to participate in activities that are meaningful to you.
- Remote working.
- Possibility to do a Part time or Full time role
- Flexible working hours
- A diverse range of professional and functional experiences
- Volunteers have priority for each new paid vacancy that opens up
- Additional benefits are shared with the successful candidate
We are looking to recruit WordPress developers (Volunteer) to design, implement, update and maintain websites using the WordPress CMS. Person will be responsible for both front-end and back-end development, including the implementation of themes and plugins.
To be successful in this role, you should have experience building aesthetically beautiful and mobile responsive WordPress websites very fast.
- Managing/maintaining WordPress website,
- Designing web pages,
- Maintaining online forms,
- Thinking and suggesting ways to use technology to make work more efficient, more effective and more productive,
Qualified candidates are welcome with a variety of skills. No single candidate is expected to possess all qualifications as the selected candidate brings their unique set of skills to our work and complements the team.
Qualifications and Skills
- Proven work experience as a WordPress developer.
- Proven work experience using Elementor and WP Bakery page builders
- Ability to use project and communication tools for remote teams.
- Experience working with debugging tools such as Chrome Inspector and Firebug.
- Good understanding of website architecture and aesthetics.
- Ability to manage projects.
- Good communication skills.
- The most important and indispensable skill in this role is your ability to build lightweight, fast loading and well-designed WordPress websites and webpages very fast.
Location: This is a remote role.
Dates: The initial duration is between 3 months and 1 year for this role. An extension is possible based on performance.
Employment rate: Part-Time or Full-Time
Remuneration: This is a volunteer position.
Application deadline: Application is on a rolling basis until the position is filled.