REMOTE (6-month contractor agreement)
Job Open Location: Brazil, Egypt, India, Ukraine, Morocco, Manila, Turkey
United People Global (UPG) is recruiting a Video Editor to support our growing community as part of contributing to our mission to make the world a better place.
This work is at the heart of our community and it involves interacting with and serving our mission and our community. This is a volunteer role that comes with the following compensation and benefits:
What’s in it for YOU:
- Professional growth: add experiences and exposure to your CV that strengthen your professional profile in your chosen domain
- Network: strengthen your professional and personal networks: be part of an international network and a community that spans across world regions.
- Purpose: there is the possibility to lead or to participate in activities that are meaningful to you.
- Remote working
- Flexible working hours
- A diverse range of professional and functional experiences
- Additional benefits are shared with the successful candidate
Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
Video Editors are generally responsible for editing and assembling recorded raw material into a suitable, finished product ready for publishing. This incorporates several tasks and responsibilities.
- Edit video content and make them on brand to be published to our video channels
- Establish a clear understanding of the storyline and purpose of the video’s creation
- Improve video and sound quality using various video software
- Edit video to include preselected music, names, logos, sound clips and other important aspects of the project
- Ensure the correct formatting and presentation for finalized videos according to our specifications.
- Create snippets of videos for social media.
- Work closely with the Communications Team to create projects and video content that can be used across all digital platforms.
- Manipulate video, trim and remove sections not needed to produce a decent final project.
Qualified candidates are welcome with a variety of skills. No single candidate is expected to possess all qualifications as the selected candidate brings their unique set of skills to our work and complements a team.
Qualifications and Skills
- Proven work experience as a Video Editor
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Avid Media
- Composer, Lightworks, Premiere, After Effects and Final Cut)
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio
- Familiarity with special effects, 3D and compositing is a plus.
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
Location: The role is remote.
Dates: The initial duration is 6 months for this role. An extension is possible based on performance.
Employment rate: Full-Time.
Joining Date: ASAP.
Application deadline: Application is on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
NOTE: Resumes must be in ENGLISH