Social Media Project Manager or Associate (Volunteer)
United People Global
United People Global (UPG) is recruiting a Social Media Project Manager or Associate to support our growing community as part of contributing to our mission to make the world a better place. This work is at the heart of our community and it involves interacting with and serving our mission and our community. This is a volunteer role that comes with the following compensation and benefits:
- Professional growth: add experiences and exposure to your CV that strengthen your professional profile in your chosen domain
- Network: strengthen your professional and personal networks: be part of an international network and a community that spans across world regions.
- Purpose: there is the possibility to lead or to participate in activities that are meaningful to you.
- Remote working
- Possibility to do the role Part time or Full time
- Flexible working hours
- A diverse range of professional and functional experiences
- Volunteers have priority for each new paid vacancy that opens up
- Additional benefits are shared with the successful candidate
- Help to develop and implement comprehensive social media strategies aligned with UPG’s goals.
- Assist cross-functional teams to plan, execute, and evaluate impactful social media projects.
- Help coordinate end-to-end execution of social media campaigns to raise awareness and support for initiatives.
- Suggest new ways to boost engagement on current social media platforms.
- Conduct post-campaign analysis to inform future strategies.
- Use social media to promote the activities and impact of the UPG Community.
- Lead crisis communication planning for the UPG’s social media platforms.
- Ensure that communication reaches a wide range of local stakeholders and diverse audience
- Develop and manage content for UPG’s website and all social media platforms.
- Proactively select relevant channels to reach our diverse audience
- Track the effectiveness of our social media work and recommend ways forward
- Test content and review its impact
- Stay up to date with local and global developments and news, and choose what to post through our social media channels.
- Stay connected to activities to stay updated on developments within the community
Qualified candidates are welcome with a variety of skills. No single candidate is expected to possess all qualifications as the selected candidate brings their unique set of skills to our work and complements a team.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to transform small snippets of information into interesting and engaging stories suitable for all of the community’s social channels.
- An understanding of different types of marketing and communications media, including electronic and social media
- Ability to communicate effectively, be articulate, with strong writing skills and the ability to give feedback accurately
- Experience with design tools; Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Google Analytics, Excel, Word, Power point are a huge bonus.
- The ability to work equally well in a team and/or independently.
- Ability to work with and respect confidential information of stakeholders.
- Ability to turnaround content in a short time.
- Ability to create video content is a plus
- Ability to develop publicity materials is an asset.
- Previous experience in or willingness to learn about working with communities and/or the non-profit sector
Location: The role is remote.
Dates: The initial duration is between 6 months and 1 year for this role. An extension is possible based on performance.
Employment rate: Part-Time or Full-Time
Remuneration: This is a volunteer position.
Application deadline: Application is on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
NOTE: CVs must be in ENGLISH