United People Global (UPG) is recruiting a Project Manager to support our growing community as part of contributing to our mission to make the world a better place. This work is at the heart of our community, and it involves interacting with and serving our mission and our community. This is a volunteer role that comes with the following compensation and benefits:
- Professional growth: add experiences and exposure to your CV that strengthen your professional profile in your chosen domain
- Network: strengthen your professional and personal networks: be part of an international network and a community that spans across world regions.
- Purpose: there is the possibility to lead or to participate in activities that are meaningful to you.
- Remote working
- Possibility of doing the role Part time or Full time
- Flexible working hours
- A diverse range of professional and functional experiences
- Volunteers have priority for each new paid vacancy that opens up
- Additional benefits are shared with the successful candidate
Operations Management: Ensure smooth operations of the activities of the initiative.
Stakeholder Engagement: Work closely with one or more of the stakeholder groups that are connected to this initiative to optimize their participation. This may include working with individuals who take part directly, with NGOs, experts and thought leaders, partners, friends and supporters, the public, and more.
Tracking Impact, Insights and Reporting: Monitoring and Evaluation of existing activities and establishing systems to track impact over time is an important function of the team. Similarly, distilling insights from the operations of this initiative.
Administration: working with other colleagues in the team to ensure that administrative matters are handled in an effective manner.
Qualified candidates are welcome with a variety of skills. No single candidate is expected to possess all qualifications as the selected candidate brings their unique set of skills to our work and complements a team.
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong coordination and/or project management skills
- Prior experience volunteering in community organising or local community development is an advantage
- Prior experience with project management is an advantage
- The ability to speak and write in additional languages are assets
- Ability to conduct research on information
- Ability to work with and respect the confidential information of stakeholders.
- Ability to work in ambiguous settings; especially in start-up mode
- Ability to work alone and in a team
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and other productivity applications is an asset
Location: The role is remote.
Dates: The initial duration is between 3 months and 1 year for this role. An extension is possible based on performance.
Employment rate: Part-Time or Full-Time
Joining Date: ASAP
Remuneration: This is an unpaid volunteer position.
Application deadline: Application is on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Kindly note that this role is not related to construction on-site functions. In case you didn’t hear from us within 2 weeks, your application didn’t make it for this time. However, we shall maintain your records for any opportunities in the future.
UPG Sustainability Leadership Program: https://act.unitedpeople.global/upg-sustainability-leadership/
NOTE: Resumes must be in ENGLISH
It’s important to keep in mind that the Project Manager Assistant role may still be a viable option for those with less experience. Don’t be discouraged if you feel like you don’t quite meet the traditional requirements. It’s possible that your skills and strengths could still make you a valuable addition to the team.