Partnership and Collaborations Manager or Associate (Volunteer)
United People Global
United People Global (UPG) is recruiting a Partnership and Collaborations Manager or Associate to support our growing community as part of contributing to our mission to make the world a better place. This work is at the heart of our community and it involves interacting with and serving our mission and our community. This is a volunteer role that comes with the following compensation and benefits:
- Professional growth: add experiences and exposure to your CV that strengthen your professional profile in your chosen domain
- Network: strengthen your professional and personal networks: be part of an internation network and a community that spans across world regions.
- Purpose: there is the possibility to lead or to participate in activities that are meaningful to you.
- Remote working
- Possibility to do the role Part time or Full time
- Flexible working hours
- A diverse range of professional and functional experiences
- Volunteers have priority for each new paid vacancy that opens up
- Additional benefits are shared with the successful candidate
- Manage relationships with key collaborators and partners
- Develop and implement a strategy related to funding sources, specifically grants and
- Manage specific projects and campaigns
- Develop and implement strategies related to optimize UPG’s collaborations
- Collaboration and project design: participate in the design of collaborations and also of
- specific projects
- Conduct ongoing research on collaboration and funding opportunities.
- Write, edit and submit funding proposals
- Monitor funding received to ensure appropriate deployment
- Impact optimization: make and implement proposals to optimize the impact to beneficiaries
- of specific projects
- Write brief summaries as well as longer reports on the use of funding received
- Stay up to date with local and global developments and news
- Stay connected to activities to stay updated on developments within the community
Qualified candidates are welcome with a variety of skills. No single candidate is expected to possess all qualifications as the selected candidate brings their unique set of skills to our work and complements a team.
Qualifications and Skills
- Associate’s degree in social sciences, education, communications, or related field.
- Master’s degree holder or Candidate for a Master’s degree is an advantage.
- Prior similar experience with business development, partnership development, grants management, sales and/or marketing, or project management is an advantage
- Prior experience managing campaigns or movements is an advantage
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A good network of potential partners and supporters who may care about one or more of UPG’s activities is an asset
- Strong listening skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of cross-functional teams.
- Communication skills both orally and written
- Ability to write professionally and to edit written work in English is an advantage
- Ability to work with and respect confidential information of stakeholders.
- Previous experience in or willingness to learn about working with communities and/or the non-profit sector is an asset
Location: The role is remote.
Dates: The initial duration is between 3 months and 1 year for this role. An extension is possible based on performance.
Employment rate: Part-Time or Full-Time
Remuneration: This is a volunteer position.
Application deadline: Application is on a rolling basis until the position is filled.