Graphic Designer (Volunteer)
United People Global
United People Global (UPG) is recruiting Graphic Designer
to support our growing community as part of contributing to our mission to make the world a better place. This work is at the heart of our community and it involves interacting with and serving our mission and our community. This is a volunteer role that comes with the following compensation and benefits:
- Professional growth: add experiences and exposure to your CV that strengthen your professional profile in your chosen domain
- Network: strengthen your professional and personal networks: be part of an international network and a community that spans across world regions.
- Purpose: there is the possibility to lead or to participate in activities that are meaningful to you.
- Remote working
- Possibility to do the role Part time or Full time
- Flexible working hours
- A diverse range of professional and functional experiences
- Volunteers have priority for each new paid vacancy that opens up
- Additional benefits are shared with the successful candidate
Graphic designers create visual communications to convey messages in an effective and aesthetically pleasing manner. This incorporates several tasks and responsibilities.
- Design social media graphics, signs, reports, presentation deck, annual reports, advertisements, and other communication materials.
- Create these materials by hand or by using technology, including computer software programs. Adobe’s Creative Suite—including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and more
- Work closely with the Communications team to create or incorporate illustrations, pictures, and designs to reflect the desired theme and tone of the communication of United People Global.
- Select type size and style to enhance the readability of text and image.
- Produce drafts for review by the Communications team and make revisions based on the feedback received.
- Review final productions for errors and ensure that final prints reflect client specifications.
- Ensure projects are completed with high quality and on schedule.
- Establish creative direction for the company as well as brand guidelines
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects within design specifications and budget restrictions
- Perform retouching and manipulation of images.
Qualified candidates are welcome with a variety of skills. No single candidate is expected to possess all qualifications as the selected candidate brings their unique set of skills to our work and complements a team.
Qualifications and Skills
- Proven graphic designing experience
- A strong portfolio of illustrations or other graphics
- Familiarity with design software and technologies (such as InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop)
- Exceptional creativity and innovation
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- An understanding of the latest trends and their role within a non-profit environment
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography, print, and the web
- Compelling portfolio of work over a wide range of creative projects
- Strong analytical skills
Location: The role is remote.
Dates: The initial duration is between 3 months and 1 year for this role. An extension is possible based on performance.
Employment rate: Part-Time or Full-Time
Remuneration: This is a volunteer position.
Application deadline: Application is on a rolling basis until the position is filled.