Events Manager / Associate (Volunteer)
United People Global
United People Global (UPG) is recruiting a Events Managers / Associates to support our growing community as part of contributing to our mission to make the world a better place. This work is at the heart of our community and it involves interacting with and serving our mission and our community. This is a Volunteer role that comes with the following compensation and benefits:
- Professional growth: add experiences and exposure to your CV that strengthen your professional profile in your chosen domain
- Network: strengthen your professional and personal networks: be part of an international network and a community that spans across world regions.
- Purpose: there is the possibility to lead or to participate in activities that are meaningful to you.
- Remote working
- Possibility to do the role Part time or Full time
- Flexible working hours
- A diverse range of professional and functional experiences
- Volunteers have priority for each new paid vacancy that opens up
- Additional benefits are shared with the successful candidate
- Participate in the preparation and execution of events related to the organisation’s work.
- Manage event set up, tear down and follow-up activities
- Proactively manage logistics and administrative tasks required for events related to the organisation’s work. This may include organising travel, visas, accommodation
- This includes managing relationships with external stakeholders, coordinating directly with suppliers and other stakeholders during planning and execution
- Ensure the visibility of the events of the Community. This includes work related to social media.
- Produce documents related to events organised by the Community: presentations, briefing notes, memos, reports. Monitor relevant activities both online and offline
- Maintaining information systems related to event management
- Track event key performance areas and identify items to work on for future events
- This role also includes opportunities to design and to execute innovative and other specific ideas to strengthen event management and development for the work of the organisation
Qualified candidates are welcome with a variety of skills. No single candidate is expected to possess all qualifications as the selected candidate brings their unique set of skills to our work and complements a team.
Qualifications and Skills
- The ideal candidate holds a degree or qualification in hospitality management
- Bachelors degree is required. Masters degree or additional graduate qualification is an advantage
- Prior experience working in event management is an advantage. Experience working on large events is an asset.
- The candidate cares about the mission of UPG
- Strong co-ordination and/or project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong social media skills are an asset
- Ability to work in ambiguous settings; especially in start-up mode
- Ability to work alone and in a team
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and other productivity applications is an asset
- Self-starter: the ability to work on your own initiative
- Previous experience in or willingness to learn about working with communities and/or the non-profit sector is an asset.
Location: The role is remote.
Dates: The initial duration is between 3 months and 1 year for this role. An extension is possible based on performance.
Employment rate: Part-Time or Full-Time
Remuneration: This is a volunteer position.
Application deadline: Application is on a rolling basis until the position is filled.