United People Global
Job Open Location: Nigeria, Brazil, Egypt, India, Ukraine, Morocco, Manila, Turkey
United People Global is hiring for a Community Manager to work on our global initiatives as
part of contributing to our mission to build a world with people empowered. This position involves working exclusively with Konseye: The Mentorship Network, an
initiative of the UPG Community (www.konseye.org). Konseye believes in the power of
community to inspire, connect, and empower individuals to achieve their goals. As Konseye
continues to grow, it is seeking a passionate and experienced Community Manager to join the
team and play a pivotal role in building, nurturing and expanding the Konseye community.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Founder and Executive Director of
Konseye: The Mentorship Network.
We welcome candidates who meet the qualification requirements and are:
• comfortable working in a start-up.
• go-getters and self-motivators.
• Collaborative and team-focused.
• performance and result oriented.
• driven by curiosity, creativity, and a deep desire to help others.
This role comes with the following benefits:
• The role is paid.
• Professional growth: add experiences and exposure to your CV that strengthens your
professional profile in your chosen domain.
• Network: strengthen your professional and personal networks – be part of an
international network and a community that spans across world regions.
• Purpose: there is the possibility to lead or participate in activities that are meaningful
• Remote working.
• Flexible working hours.
• A diverse range of professional and functional experiences.
• Additional benefits are shared with the successful candidate.
The Community Manager would be responsible for overseeing and coordinating the
mentorship platform and different related projects to ensure the initiative’s goals of community
growth, management, and retention are met. The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate
about building and maintaining an engaging community around personal and career
development, tech-savvy, and has excellent communication skills. The main responsibilities
Community Engagement: Foster a positive and inclusive atmosphere within the community.
Drive engagement by creating and curating relevant content, discussions, and activities.
Encourage members to share insights, experiences, and resources to contribute to the
community’s growth. Proactively reach out to community members to understand their needs
and interests. Identify and highlight success stories within the community to inspire and
Stakeholder Engagement: Work closely with one or more of the stakeholder groups that are
connected to this initiative to optimise their participation. This may include working with
individuals who participate directly in the network, with other organizations, with experts and
thought leaders, with partners, with friends and supporters, with the general public and more.
Tracking Impact, Insights and Reporting: Monitoring and Evaluation of initiatives geared
towards community growth, management, engagement, and retention. Distilling insights from
such evaluations and proposing concrete action.
Operations Management: Development and management of programs or initiatives to
support the growth, management, engagement, and retention of the community.
Moderation: Monitor and moderate community interactions to ensure a respectful and
supportive environment. Address and resolve conflicts and enforce community guidelines.
Collaboration: Work closely with internal teams to align community initiatives with overall
company goals. Collaborate with other members of the team with respect to marketing, social
media, and other aspects to ensure the overall goals of Konseye: The Mentorship Network are
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Minimum: Bachelors’ degree in in marketing, communications, psychology, or a related
field. Masters’ degree or other post graduate qualification is an asset.
• Proven experience as a community manager or a related role in an online community
setting. Demonstrated success in growing and managing communities focused on
personal and career development is an asset.
• Experience with community platforms and familiarity with community management
tools and platforms. Experience managing community projects and initiatives.
• Excellent interpersonal skills. Empathy and a deep understanding of community
dynamics. A genuine passion for helping others succeed is required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively
with diverse audiences and foster a sense of community.
• The ability to speak and to write in additional languages beyond English are an
• Proven ability to build and maintain relationships within a virtual community.
• Ability to work in ambiguous settings; especially in start-up mode.
• Ability to work alone and in a team.
• Proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft Office applications.
• Experience creating content across various social media (e.g., Twitter, Facebook,
Instagram) and design platforms (e.g., Canva). Some knowledge and experience of
search engine optimization (SEO) and web metrics is an asset.
• Demonstrated openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
Location: The role is remote.
Dates: The initial duration is 12 months for this role. Extension is possible based on
Remuneration: This role is paid competitively.
Application deadline: Application is on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Apply as
soon as possible.