Community Engagement Manager / Associate
REMOTE (6-month contractor agreement)
United People Global (UPG) is recruiting a Community Manager or Associate to support our growing community as part of contributing to our mission to make the world a better place. This work is at the heart of our community and it involves interacting with and serving our mission and our community. This is a Contractor role that comes with the following compensation and benefits:
- This role is paid competitively
- Professional growth: add experiences and exposure to your CV that strengthen your professional profile in your chosen domain
- Network: strengthen your professional and personal networks: be part of an international network and a community that spans across world regions.
- Purpose: there is the possibility to lead or to participate in activities that are meaningful to you.
- Remote working
- Possibility to do the role Part time or Full time
- Flexible working hours
- A diverse range of professional and functional experiences
- Contractors have priority for each new paid vacancy that opens up
- Additional benefits are shared with the successful candidate
The successful candidate may contribute in various ways, depending on expertise and capacity, two specific areas of work include:
- Community Development: Participate in the recruitment and engagement of new Community Members and Champions. This includes participating in strategic and tactical internal reviews of our processes, as well as reaching out and making contact with potential UPG Members and Champions. This includes administrative work. This also includes opportunities to design and to execute innovative and other specific ideas to strengthen community development.
- Community Management: Participate in the engagement, retention and fulfilment of existing Members and Champions in our Community. This includes participating in strategic and tactical internal reviews of our processes, as well as interacting with current Community Members and Champions. This includes administrative work and it also includes work related to social media. Ensure the visibility of the activities of the Community. Opportunity to design and to execute innovative and other specific ideas to boost community management.
Qualified candidates are welcome with a variety of skills. No single candidate is expected to possess all qualifications as the selected candidate brings their unique set of skills to our work and complements a team.
Qualifications and Skills
- Prior experience working in community organising or local community development is an asset Strong co-ordination and/or project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong social media skills are an asset
- The ability to speak and to write in additional languages are assets
- Ability to work in ambiguous settings; especially in start-up mode
- Ability to work alone and in a team
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and other productivity applications is an asset.
Location: The role is remote.
Dates: 6-month contractor agreement.
Employment rate: Full-Time
Remuneration: This role is paid competitively
Application deadline: Application is on a rolling basis until the position is filled.