United People Global (UPG) is recruiting an Assistant to the Chair of the Board to support our growing community as part of contributing to our mission to build a world with people empowered. This role also provides administrative support to all Board Members for their activities related to the NGO: such as attending Board meetings, participating in activities of the NGO. Most of the time role is dedicated to supporting the Chairperson.
This is a role that comes with the following compensation and benefits:
- This role is paid competitively
- Professional Growth: add experiences and exposure to your CV that strengthen your professional profile in your chosen domain
- Network: strengthen your professional and personal networks: be part of an international network and a community that spans across world regions.
- Purpose: there is possibility to lead or to participate in activities that are meaningful to you.
- Remote working
- Flexible working hours
- Diverse range professional and functional experiences
- Additional benefits are shared with the successful candidate
The successful candidate may contribute in various ways, depending on expertise and capacity, examples include:
- Be a first contact for people who are trying to reach the Chairperson for matters related to the NGO: responding and directing contacts as Do the same for Board Members.
- Manage calendars and make appointments on behalf of the Chairperson and the Board Members; related to the NGO’s activities
- Correspond with others on behalf of the Chairperson and Board Members
- Manage logistics and administrative tasks for the Chairperson
- Conduct Monitor relevant activities both online and offline that may be of interest to the Board and to the organisation
- Proactively make suggestions to improve efficiency and effectiveness of activities
- Support the Chairperson with projects, including activities that may not be related to the NGO
- Support the NGO’s activities, including those without any Board involvement
- Outstanding organisational skills: able to stay calm and coordinate large volumes of communications and activities
- Strong communications skills in English: both verbal and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially the ability to remain professional with internal and external collaborators
- Confidante: Be able to work with sensitive material and to keep activities confidential
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel, and other productivity apps, as well as strong knowledge of how to use the internet
- Working knowledge of social media platforms: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Google Any other expertise / professional training is an added advantage
Minimum Qualification Requirements
- A completed undergraduate degree is required. A completed masters degree is an advantage 2+ years of prior experience as a personal or executive assistant is an advantage
- Any specific competencies, expertise or skills are an advantage
- Given the nature of some activities, an interest in the empowerment of Africans is an advantage
- Be able to work independently
- Be results-oriented: always focused on achieving the objectives for any assignment Be customer-focused and always seeking to exceed expectations
- Be reliable and deliver on commitments regardless of the obstacles Be flexible: be able to adapt to changing requirements
Location: The role is based in Maputo, Mozambique. Remote work is possible for some of the time, especially during the pandemic. However the role may require working in the office periodically.
Dates: The initial duration is 12 months for this role. Extension is possible based on performance.
Remuneration: This role is paid competitively.
Application deadline: Application is on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
How to Apply: Please only submit an English Resume and a Motivation Letter in English using the link provided.