Administrative Manager / Associate
REMOTE (6-month contractor agreement)
United People Global (UPG) is recruiting an Administration Manager or Associate to support our growing community as part of contributing to our mission to make the world a better place. This work is at the heart of our community and it involves interacting with and serving our mission and our community. This is a Contractor role that comes with the following compensation and benefits:
- This role is paid competitively
- Professional growth: add experiences and exposure to your CV that strengthen your
- professional profile in your chosen domain
- Network: strengthen your professional and personal networks: be part of an international network and a community that spans across world regions.
- Purpose: there is the possibility to lead or to participate in activities that are meaningful to you.
- Remote working
- Possibility to do the role Part time or Full time
- Flexible working hours
- A diverse range of professional and functional experiences
- Contractors have priority for each new paid vacancy that opens up
- Additional benefits are shared with the successful candidate
Contractors in this role may contribute in various ways, depending on expertise and capacity, examples include:
- Administrative Management: Participate in the reviewing, optimising and execution of administrative processes that include managing our records, invoices, platforms. Preparing documents ahead of meetings, writing Minutes of meetings. Setting up and scheduling meetings. Proactively making suggestions to improve efficiency and effectiveness of our activities.
- Communicating with Stakeholders: Communicating with internal and external stakeholders to follow up on activities. Meeting stakeholders in person where needed. Participating in processes to send out regular communications to stakeholders.
- Producing and reviewing documents: Writing concept notes, reviewing documents before they are finalised. Prepare draft presentations, briefing notes, memos, reports on specific activity areas.
- Proactively manage logistics and administrative tasks that are necessary to achieve team objectives.
- Participate in Community: Participate in the organisation’s activities and objectives, proactively findings ways to contribute to the success upcoming and ongoing activities.
Qualified candidates are welcome with a variety of skills. No single candidate is expected to possess all qualifications as the selected candidate brings their unique set of skills to our work and complements a team.
Qualifications and Skills
- Prior experience working in community organising or local community development is an asset Prior administrative experience is an advantage
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and other productivity applications are required
- Strong co-ordination and/or project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong social media skills are an asset
- The ability to speak and to write in additional languages are assets Ability to work in ambiguous settings; especially in start-up mode
- Ability to work alone and in a team
Location: The role is remote.
Dates: 6-month contractor agreement.
Employment rate: Full-Time
Remuneration: This role is paid competitively
Application deadline: Application is on a rolling basis until the position is filled.