Programme Development Manager / Associate (Volunteer)
United People Global
United People Global (UPG) is recruiting a Programme Manager / Associate to support our growing community as part of contributing to our mission to make the world a better place. This work is at the heart of our community and it involves interacting with and serving our mission and our community. This is a volunteer role that comes with the following compensation and benefits:
- Professional growth: add experiences and exposure to your CV that strengthen your professional profile in your chosen domain
- Network: strengthen your professional and personal networks: be part of an international network and a community that spans across world regions.
- Purpose: there is the possibility to lead or to participate in activities that are meaningful to you.
- Remote working
- Possibility to do the role Part time or Full time
- Flexible working hours
- A diverse range of professional and functional experiences
- Volunteers have priority for each new paid vacancy that opens up
- Additional benefits are shared with the successful candidate
We are recruiting for a programme manager / associate to organise and to coordinate interactions and events. In addition to designing and managing the flow of specific interactions run by the Programme Development Team, you will also provide guidance and support other teams in ways that ensure that interactions are designed in an optimal manner.
The successful candidate may contribute in various ways, depending on expertise and capacity, examples include:
- Formulate, design and manage the flow of specific interactions
- Organise and monitor events and programs
- Contribute to formulating strategies and tactics to achieve performance objectives related to programmes.
- Research key people: sourcing for Guest Speakers and participants.
- Research topics, themes and subject areas: conduct regular research into thematic areas to produce relevant knowledge for a programme or event.
- Producing program agenda and materials.
- Develop and maintain routine correspondence with internal and external stakeholders.
- Organise events, such as workshops, roundtable discussions, and other events and meetings
Qualified candidates are welcome with a variety of skills. No single candidate is expected to possess all qualifications as the selected candidate brings their unique set of skills to our work and complements a team.
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong communication skills: ability to write well in English, ability to articulate ideas. ability to listen and to understand ideas expressed by others
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to relate with people from different backgrounds
- Strong problem-solving ability
- The ability to design interactions in ways that lead to desired outcomes
- Prior experience with programme management techniques and methods is an advantage
- Ability to convert abstract concepts into specific ideas, is an advantage
- Experience with event planning and management is an advantage
- A Bachelors degree
- A Masters degree and any additional education is an advantage
Location: The role is remote.
Dates: The initial duration is between 3 months and 1 year for this role. An extension is possible based on performance.
Employment rate: Part-Time or Full-Time
Remuneration: This is a volunteer position.
Application deadline: Application is on a rolling basis until the position is filled.