Personal Assistant, Office of the President
REMOTE (6-month contractor agreement)
United People Global (UPG) is recruiting a Personal Assistant, Office of the President to support our growing community as part of contributing to our mission to make the world a better place. This work is at the heart of our community and it involves interacting with and serving our mission and our community. This is a Contractor role that comes with the following compensation and benefits:
- This role is paid competitively
- Professional growth: add experiences and exposure to your CV that strengthen your professional profile in your chosen domain
- Network: strengthen your professional and personal networks: be part of an international network and a community that spans across world regions.
- Purpose: there is the possibility to lead or to participate in activities that are meaningful to you.
- Remote working
- Possibility to do the role Part time or Full time
- Flexible working hours
- A diverse range of professional and functional experiences
- Contractors have priority for each new paid vacancy that opens up
- Additional benefits are shared with the successful candidate
- Proactively make suggestions to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the President’s activities – both personal and professional.
- Proactively ask/research/determine the President’s success objectives and work to help the President to achieve these objectives.
- Be a first contact for people (internal and external) who are trying to reach the President: responding and directing contacts as appropriate.
- Manage diaries for the President. Ensuring that weeks and months are planned effectively.
- Meetings: Help the President to prepare for meetings, including preparing “Notes” ahead of meetings, agendas and drafting minutes for meetings.
- Proactively manage personal and professional logistics and administrative tasks for the President
- Produce documents: presentations, briefing notes, memos, reports for or on behalf of the President
- Conduct research. Monitor relevant activities both online and offline that may be of interest to the President and to the organisation
- Participate in and support the organisation’s activities and objectives, proactively findings ways to contribute to success
Qualified candidates are welcome with a variety of skills. No single candidate is expected to possess all qualifications as the selected candidate brings their unique set of skills to our work and complements a team.
Qualifications and Skills
- Confidante: Be able to work with sensitive material and to keep activities confidential
- Organisational and time management skills: able to stay calm and coordinate large volumes of communications and activities
- Resilience: in particular, the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Self starter: the ability to work on your own initiative
- Strong communications skills in English: both verbal and in writing
- Strong research skills: the ability to research, digest, analyse and present material clearly and concisely
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to interact regularly with the President on both substantive matters as well as on operational and admin matters
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially the ability to remain professional with internal and external collaborators
- Focus: attention to detail
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel, and other productivity apps, as well as strong knowledge of how to use the internet
- Working knowledge of social media platforms: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Google
- Any other expertise / professional training is an added advantage
- Prior experience working as a personal assistant is a strong advantage
- Previous experience in or willingness to learn about working with communities and/or the non-profit sector is an asset.
Location: The role is remote.
Dates: 6-month contractor agreement.
Employment rate: Full-Time
Remuneration: This role is paid competitively
Application deadline: Application is on a rolling basis until the position is filled.