Communication Manager / Associate (Volunteer)
United People Global
United People Global (UPG) is recruiting a Communication Manager / Associate to support our growing community as part of contributing to our mission to make the world a better place.
This work is at the heart of our community and it involves interacting with and serving our mission and our community. This is a volunteer role that comes with the following compensation and benefits:
- Professional growth: add experiences and exposure to your CV that strengthen your professional profile in your chosen domain
- Network: strengthen your professional and personal networks: be part of an international network and a community that spans across world regions.
- Purpose: there is the possibility to lead or to participate in activities that are meaningful to you.
- Remote working
- Possibility to do the role Part time or Full time
- Flexible working hours
- A diverse range of professional and functional experiences
- Volunteers have priority for each new paid vacancy that opens up
- Additional benefits are shared with the successful candidate
- Create and update content related to activities of the community
- Manage content across a range of channels including traditional media and digital media
- Develop and execute communications to strengthen outcomes for the Community
- Suggest new ways to leverage communications to boost engagement
- Develop and manage content for UPG’s websites and all social media platforms.
- Write brief summaries as well as longer reports related to community activities
- Stay up to date with local and global developments and news, and choose what to post
- through our social media channels.
- Stay connected to activities to stay updated on developments within the community
Qualified candidates are welcome with a variety of skills. No single candidate is expected to possess all qualifications as the selected candidate brings their unique set of skills to our work and complements a team.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to transform small snippets of information into interesting and engaging stories
- Ability to conduct research on information and stories
- An understanding of different types of marketing and communications media, including electronic and social media
- Ability to communicate effectively, be articulate, with strong writing skills and the ability to give feedback accurately
- Ability to edit written work in English is a must
- The ability to work equally well in a team and/or independently.
- Ability to work with and respect confidential information of stakeholders.
- Ability to turnaround content in a short time.
- Experience with design and publications tools such as Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator – or other similar tools is a bonus.
- Ability to develop publicity materials is a bonus.
- Ability to edit or create video content is an advantage
- Ability to speak additional languages is an advantage
- Prior experience in a communications role is an advantage
- Previous experience in or willingness to learn about working with communities and/or the non-profit sector is an asset
Location: The role is remote.
Dates: The initial duration is between 3 months and 1 year for this role. An extension is possible based on performance.
Employment rate: Part-Time or Full-Time
Remuneration: This is a volunteer position.
Application deadline: Application is on a rolling basis until the position is filled.